Swapping Confluence page admin

Benjamin Newman May 4, 2023

Our organisation secretary has left, how do I swap her Confluence admin status to other page members / members of our committee ??

2 answers

3 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Hey Benjamin,

Welcome to the community!

To swap the Confluence admin status from the organization secretary to other page members or committee members, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to Confluence with your admin account and click on the "Settings" cog icon in the top-right corner and select "Confluence Administration" from the dropdown menu.
  2. Navigate to the "Global Permissions" section to manage the overall permissions for Confluence.
  3. Locate the "System Administrators" or "Confluence Administrators" group within the Global Permissions settings. By default, these groups have full administrative privileges in Confluence. Add the desired page members or committee members to this group to grant them admin access.

If you want specific members to have admin access only to certain spaces, you can grant them "Space Administrator" permissions. In the Global Permissions section, click on "Space Permissions" to manage permissions at the space level. Add the desired members to the relevant spaces with "Space Administrator" permissions.

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Carlos

Benjamin Newman May 6, 2023

I’m sorry Carlos - maybe you misunderstand my question - our committee cannot communicate with our outgoing secretary, who has admin status/full control of our workspace - I want your help with transferring full admin status to me (as the softball club president - as per the confluence space/page listing our current committee members/roles).

We cannot login as an admin to adjust/add admin, none of the other committee members have that level of access/authorisation, I need Confluence IT Dept to step in and assist with changing our remaining committee members level of access to admin, especially mine (as I am ultimately responsible for this organisation).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2023

I am sorry that the answer you got before did not answer your question - it was generated by an AI that has no understanding of your question or Atlassian software.

You need to talk to your site admin - the person who administer the site. (The site is the base URL something.atlassian.net, Confluence is one application that lives as part of a site - something.atlassian.net/wiki)

They can add you (and other admins) to the groups and permissions that grant you Conflueence admin.

If your secretary was the only site admin, then you've got a problem - you'll need to get Atlassian to add one of you as another site admin who can then remove your secretary add more (I'd recommend having at least two, ideally three).

As your secretary was probably the "owner" of the site too, you'll probably need to go through the billing route on https://support.atlassian.com/contact as it's a change of owner.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events