Support for custom Team field in Confluence Whiteboards to Jira integration

Paul Gallo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2023

Hi,

First off - loving the new Confluence Whiteboards functionality.

Also love the Confluence to Jira integration (e.g. ability to create a Jira issue from a post-it note).

Only downside is that our enterprise Jira project that I want to create a Jira issue in has a pesky custom field (named "Team") that is mandatory (enforced via some kind of validation hook at the point you try to create the issue) - but this "Team" field does not show up in the Whiteboard->Jira popup UI.

I suspect there is something non-standard with our Jira configuration, so I'm hoping to provide them with more info about what needs to change (on either the Jira or Confluence Admin end) to make this custom field pop up.

NOTE: Other custom fields pop up - just not this one.

image_1.pngimage_2.pngimage_3.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2023

@Paul Gallo what is your project type?  Is the custom field in the create screen and what specifically is the custom field type?

Paul Gallo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 1, 2023

Thanks for following this up @Brant Schroeder - I ended up lodging a support ticket and I probably should have come back here and closed off this question.

Here was support's response:

I checked with our backend teams and the linking of all custom fields is currently not available.
We have an ongoing feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-39458 
We currently don't have an ETA for this but i suggest you add yourself as a watcher to receive automatic email notifications once the ticket is updated.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events