I have confluence running with MYSQL as backend on NFS, seeing a huge performance impact very frequently on daily basis.
Slow query has been enabled in MYSQL, and sometimes per transaction could see it takes ~27secs , loading page etc becomes slower.
Below are few queries and query times
insert into CONTENT_PERM_SET :Query_time: 27.047440
insert into CONTENTPROPERTIES :Query_time: 25.765883
update CONTENT : Query_time: 20.116846
update logininfo : Query_time: 29.845655
UPDATE AO_92296B_AORECENTLY_VIEWED : Query_time: 27.451761
....( many more)
1) Is MYSQL a best choice compared to Oracle?
2) NFS filer response time is < 1ms, dont see issue with storage.
3) Will indexes be the only option to tune these?
1) Yes and no. In terms of performance and supportability, there's not really a lot in it. I wouldn't worry about it. Stick with the one your organisation is happier supporting
2) NFS is SLOW. If you are storing your databases on it, stop doing it. Move them on to a performant file system. Never, NEVER, NEVER put an Atlassian application's index on NFS (attachments, yes, but never the index, caches and other transient storages)
3) No, get the databases off NFS and on to suitable disks.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG