Suddenly access denied

Hi there,

I have 2 questions:

1) Space: aequilibrium Email: alannah.darnel@aequilibrium.ca

Yesterday, I was able to create/invite users to the aequilibrium space. Today, whenever I click on Users from the Configure page, I get asked to login again and then received a 403 Forbidden error. It was working completely fine yesterday

2) Space: builddirect Email: alannah.darnel@aequilibrium.ca

Up until last week, I was able to use the builddirect space. Suddenly I have been denied access. Our administrators looked up my email and it appears as if I should still have access.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 vote

Sounds like your account has been disabled or had the login rights removed from it. Even if it still appears to have access to individual spaces, if it can't log in, it can't use the system in general.

You'll need to talk to your admins more

Thanks - however I was an administrator for both spaces. Another admin tried to create a new user using the same email address (for 403 forbidden), and I'm receiving the same error.

Administrator for the space does NOT give you login rights, or bypass any deactivation of your account.

You need to get your admins to check that you have login rights as well as your space admin rights. I'd also ask them to check that you and they are definitely looking at the same user ID, and not duplicates (the login id should be unique, even if it's an email address)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

1,027 views 23 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you