Subscription extension automatic renewal

Steven Spyrka June 16, 2021

I have several subscriptions with auto renewal. Not all will be renewed on the same day or month. Every time a subscription of a atlassian product or extension is renewed, I have to manually update the license. This process is very time consuming and annoying. 

I bet there is a way to automate it, but I can't find any information about it. This behavior exists during the beginning for several years. It's the server version, not cloud.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2021

Hi @Steven Spyrka ,

Server and Data Center licenses still need to be manually applied (they do not automatically pull the latest license from my.atlassian.com, even if the subscription is renewed). But in your case with several apps and application licenses in the mix, I think co-terming the licenses might be helpful. From our licensing information:

Can maintenance or subscription dates be co-termed/synchronized?
Cloud subscriptions can be co-termed to match the end-date of other cloud subscriptions as long as one subscription is renewed or purchased for a minimum of 12 months.

Data Center licenses can be co-termed to any date.

Server licenses can be co-termed to any date at least 12 months in the future.

This would mean that you apply your new licenses all at the same time, as they would renew on the same day. No more renewals in random months or on random days. Note that with the end of Server support in February 2024, you can currently have your licenses co-termed but that period will be ending in the future. If you wish to have your existing non-expired licenses co-termed, please open a case with our billing and licensing team and mention that you'd like your existing licenses co-termed.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

Hi @Steven Spyrka 

Look at this post, maybe can help you

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#taxes

Read: Can I sign up for automatic renewals?

Cheers

Steven Spyrka June 17, 2021

The subscriptions are set to automatic renewals. It's more that the installation doesn't know about the successful renewal.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events