Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-Table of Contents

Pedro Murgel February 5, 2021

Hi all, I wanted to do something quite simple on Confluence and I can't. I have a really long document that needs multiple Tables of Content. Here's an example:

Heading 1s: Red, Blue, Green

Heading 2: a,b,c (all of them under blue)

Heading 3: a1,a2,a3... (all of them under a) / b4,b5,b6 (under b)

I already made a top table of content with only red, blue and green and the a,b,c under the blue (which Ive already managed to do) and once you click on A you could see a table of content with a1, a2, a3. If you clicked on B, you would see a table of content with b1, b2, b3.

I dont know if I was clear enough, but its something really simple to do.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2021

Hello there @Pedro Murgel !

After reading your description, I am not sure if I follow what is the desired outcome of your setup.

Would you mind manually creating what is the desired outcome just as a mock up? Be careful not to disclose any sensitive information with it.

However, I believe that you need an interactive table of contents, where content is collapsed or expanded upon user click. Currently, this is not supported in our Table of contents macro. You can check more details about it here:

Insert the table of contents macro 

Let us hear from you!

Pedro Murgel February 14, 2021

Hi Diego. What I wanted to do is the following:

[Text and then Show up the first table of content]

• Functions
  • Countries
  • Products

[Once I click in Function]

• Function A
  • Function B
  • Function C

[Once I click in Country]

• Country A
  • Country B
  • Country C

So, I want to add multiple Table of Contents that show up different contents (Function, Country and Product are a Heading 2, Function A,B,C are a Heading 3). My question is related to doing a table of content that only shows up specific fields.

I figured out that I could put .*(Function A|Function B|Function C), what apparently works for the "Preview", but it does not show up in my page at all.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events