Stuck deleting Demonstration Space

burhan September 19, 2017

I am trying to delete the default Demonstration Space as it has been filled with junk pages and generally clogs up the system.

So far, the delete process has been running for 19+ hours and the estimate is more than a week to finish it.

Clearly something is wrong but I don't know what to check. The server is not in under any load and there is plenty of free disk space available.

delete-space.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Anna O. July 3, 2020

Hi, I had the same problem today. After users called and told they could not save pages I  hit the "go back" button on the browser to stop the deleting of the space. 

This is not a normal behaviour, generally, I am wondering if it is the case, because this space seems to be a standard installation when you set up Confluence (as I was told). 

Now I cannot find this space any more, looks like it was deleted fast after all. 

Regards, Anna

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2017

Deleting a space is resource intensive, specifically, it can take up a lot of database connections and memory.

To narrow down what we are running out of (memory or database connections) please check:

Database connection pool

The atlassian-confluence.log at <confluence_home>/logs
Note: The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

Look for errors like:

GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
A ResourcePool could not acquire a resource from its primary factory or source.

If you find such errors, the instructions for increasing the database connection pool are on: Confluence slows and times out during periods of high load due to database connection pool For most installations it is just a matter of changing a line in confluence.cfg.xml line from something like:

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size">30</property>

to:

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size">60</property>

Memory

In the browser, go to Confluence admin cog wheel, choose General Configuration and then System Information. The JVM memory statistics are on that page. Please let me know what the free percentage is under Heap Memory and what the Maximum Heap Size is set to.

If the free heap space is very low, the instructions for increasing what is available to Confluence are at: How to fix out of memory errors by increasing available memory

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events