cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop substitution of quotes

Jonathan Lamarre August 30, 2022

Each time I write a quote like this one -> "

It is converted to these ones -> ”

Which is really frustrating when documenting code. I did not find the option to disable this behavior, but I'm probably blind :-)

Where is this option ?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Lamarre ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I don't know about the possibility to turn it off, but maybe you can use Code macro/snippet?

Jonathan Lamarre August 30, 2022

Hello, I am aware of code macro/snippet, but I simply want to write in the text without formatting. And of course, I said code here, but quotes can be used in other contexts too. For now, each time I enter " and it this converted into ” I press ctrl+z immediately after to cancel the automatic conversion. It is a workaround, but not a pleasant one.

I would just like to not have to do this.

Thank you.

Like # people like this
Jonathan Lamarre August 31, 2022

At @Hana Kučerová, I would like, if possible, a definitive answer about this : is it just impossible to turn off this behavior ?

If it is impossible, I would find it strange, normally any automatic formatting/correcting features in pretty much any edition software I can think of can be turned off. If it is impossible, where could a feature request for this could be made ?

If you don't know the answer to these questions, who could answer it ? I could not find any related documentation.

Thank you.

Like Ilya Kremer likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Lamarre ,

I'm not aware of such functionality.

If you want to be 100% sure, you can always contact Atlassian support.

Feature request can be made in Atlassian Jira

Jonathan Lamarre September 1, 2022

@Hana Kučerová Thank you very much for your time :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events