Stop specific user from triggering notifications

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

I have a user, Automation, that I use to do mass updates from time-to-time of our Confluence instance. The problem is that when a page is modified, an email is sent to everyone watching or who has edited the page. Is there a way to prevent this specific user from triggering a notification email being sent?

For example, Automation updates pages A, B, and C. After performing the page modifications, the users watching those pages do not receive any email from Automation that a change has been made.

1 answer

0 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2015

Hi Mark,

The workaround I see for this case is to by default disable the notify watchers checkbox from the page, according to the instructions of this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+uncheck+Notify+watchers+check+box+on+Confluence+editor+by+default

However, this will be applied to all users, so when a standard user updates a page, he will need to manually check the "Notify Watchers" checkbox.

Regards,
LM 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events