Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop emails for mentions

Scott July 12, 2021

I regularly get added to Confluence docs with an at-mention but I don't want to be emailed when it happens. How do I shut that off?

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2022

Some users that come across this post are confused by the responses.  This question was originally posted to the Jira section of Community, but it clearly asks about Confluence.

For Jira:

This can be done by going to your user avatar > Personal Settings.  On this page you can uncheck the box for "Someone mentions you" and you will not receive mentions made within Jira.  This is the view as shown in Dora's screenshot on this thread.

For Confluence:

This is not currently possible for end users to configure.  There is an existing feature request for this over in CONFCLOUD-25479.

0 votes
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

You can't - the purpose of @mentioning you is to force an email to you. If you could turn it off, it would defeat the purpose.

Scott July 12, 2021

How do we link to a person's profile in our documents without using a mention? As in "for help on this part of the project talk to <link:thisGuy>".

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

You could use a hyperlink to the profile rather than an @mention

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Scott 

Find the "thisGuy" in the people list and click on "ThisGuy". Copy the link and places on the confluence page. Edit the link with a display text of "ThisGuy". Then hit publish to save the page.

Hope this helps.

Scott July 12, 2021

Is there a shorthand for that or are we talking about opening each person's profile page to copy-and-paste the URL?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

No shorthand. Need to get the link to the person's profile.

Otherwise, the at mention is the shorthand version.

Dora Lukin July 13, 2021

hi, @C_ Derek Fields 

I found this option in the profile settings. After testing it, it seems to stop emails for mentions.

mentions.PNG

thank you

Like Colum McAndrew likes this
Scott July 13, 2021

@Dora Lukin That looks like exactly what I want but I can't find it in my profile. How did you get to those settings?

Dora Lukin July 13, 2021

I went to the user icon (Your profile and settings), and then Personal Settings.

One thing though, I only tested it in Jira software, not in Confluence. so not sure if the same setting is applied to both.

Dora Lukin July 14, 2021

@Scott I did some testing and the jira Personal settings doesn't seem to affect confluence notifications, so my bad, the Personal Settings I mentioned will not be useful for your case.

Scott July 14, 2021

Okay, thanks for checking @Dora Lukin 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events