Status of my Confluence account; develop a Confluence course

David McMurrey May 27, 2022

I have two accounts at Confluence with davidm@austincc.edu as the e-mail:

https://herkimer-project.atlassian.net
https://farley-project.atlassian.net

These are apparently temporary accounts. Is there some more permanent stable account I can set up that would not require an expense?

I teach technical writing at Austin Community College (Texas) and want to develop a course where my students get oriented to Confluence (and eventually Jira).

-- David McMurrey, Ph.D.
Business, Government & Technical Communications
Austin Community College
www.prismnet.com/~hcexres/

2 answers

0 votes

Hello, Andy. Thanks for the response. Yes, "single persistent instance of confluence you can use for all of your students" sounds like it might be what we need.

Can you direct me to check on how to read about that?

-- David

Andy, I went to Atlassian Foundation but saw this in the intro to the license application:

Atlassian’s Community licenses and subscriptions are designed for qualifying charitable non-profit organizations that are non-government, non-academic, non-commercial, non-political, and have no religious affiliation. 

Doesn't sound good . . . 

-- David

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

@David McMurrey what do you mean by these URL's being temporary accounts? Are they on the free tier and therefore have a limit to the number of users? Are you looking for a single persistent instance of confluence you can use for all of your students?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Atlassian offers discounts for Academic institutions. You should request a quote as per their instructions and yo will be contacted by a Sales Agent that can guide you through the process. While the page that I linked to does mention a 50% discount, the Atlassian Foundation will sometimes fully subsidize subscriptions. It is a lengthier application process, but may be worth it in the long run.

Like Srinatha T likes this

Thanks, Andy. I'll try that -- David

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders