Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Macro

Jack Ashcroft October 3, 2018

Hi all,

I am looking into the status macro within cloud and trying to learn exactly how to use it effectively. I hoping for a way to use it within a task list and then the user could choose for example by selecting the status button whether it's the following status: 'Not Started', 'In Progress', 'Review' and 'Completed' and this to be reflected on an index page and the space it appears on. This would help give a quick status of where a task is however I can't see a way of making this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2018

Hi Jack,

Maybe our Easy Dropdown Menu App could be a solution for your requirement. The cloud edition is planned for end of October 2018. The server edition exists already on the Marketplace and gives you an impression how to use it.

Regards,
Stephan (CEO of EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Easy Dropdown Menu)

0 votes
Shawn C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2018

Hi Jack, 

As long as the Status lozenge is inline with the Task, it should appear on the Task Report Macro, however, the Task has been completed (ticked), it'll not appear on the report:

TaskReport.png

What are you seeing on your end with the Task Report?

Another option for a Status Report page could be done by using the Page Property and Page Property Report macros; these options would provide a bit more customizability as you cans specify the Columns/Details you'd like to report on.

Cheers,
Shawn

Jack Ashcroft October 5, 2018

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your reply. Regarding the Status Lozenge is there a way to be able to change these with a simple click? Rather than having to go into edit and then manually changing the status/colour?

Also the page properties is a great help but oddly only one description is showing? Please see below.

Page Properties.JPGPage properties report:Page Properties Report.JPG Thank you again for your help.

Cheers,

Jack

Roman Kirilenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2018

Hi Jack,

As far as I know - no. We have an app (unfortunately, only for Server) that allows you to do that (Handy Status macro). There is a chance that someone has already created the same macro for Cloud. Also, we have such requests from our customers, but there is no decision made on this feature. You may vote for it here, this can help us decide and start a development process.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events