cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Macro in Confluence

Maria Martinho December 16, 2018

Hi all

Could you help me with the following?

- When define a status in the status macro form and then click in the insert button, nothing happen.

- If I try to insert with the shortcut key {status} appears the grey but automatically but it isn't possible to edit to configure the name or color

- After insert the status macro is it possible the user of the template changes the status to a different one?

Thank you!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2018

Welcome to the community @Maria Martinho!

What is the status macro form?  Is this the edit macro screen that pops up when you are editing a Confluence page?

I'm wondering if this is a bigger issue, is it just the status macro or all other macros?

With the shortcut keys, the grey will be the first option, then you should be able to click the status and choose edit.

In a template you can change the status while editing the page if you choose that template.

Hope that made sense!

Maria Martinho December 17, 2018

Hi Patrick!

Thank you for your feedback.

I need to use the status macro to indicate the status in a table of improvement actions.

If I try to insert the macro in a page based on a template I'm able to do it, but I am not able to pick up a different status when it changes. I have to create the new status again for that row in the table.

If try to insert the macro when I'm creating a template, the macro doesn´t work.

Is there a way to change the status in a table using the previous list of status defined?

Thank you.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Aha I see now.

I'm not so sure there's a way to do this unless it's in a blueprint which requires some development.

What you could do as a workaround is set the different statuses you want to use in a list, kind of like a key, then copy and paste them as necessary when the status changes.

It's not a perfect solution but it should work.

Hi Patrick 

That is the solution I'm using. Yes it far of being an ideal solution.

Still it's better than nothing! 

About the status macro creation, is there any reason for not be able to create it in a template page? 

Is there any different type of macro for this status situation, such as for example a drop down list?

Thank you

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

For the template, you should be able to put a status macro in there but you will have to choose the color and name beforehand.  This might be useful if you wanted to include your key in the top of a template so that other users would know what to put.

For a drop down list, I think you need to create a blueprint, which requires some development experience.

Thank you Patrick, but some reason I'm not being able to insert that macro directly in to a template. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

are you on cloud or server?

Hi Patrick! Is in the cloud.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

ok, I need to clarify now.  so you can't insert it into a template when you create the template OR you can't insert the macro into a page when you create it from a template?

Yes, that's correct

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

Sorry, there are two choices there, both are correct?

Sorry, the first one - I can't insert it into a template when you create the template 

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

Another person is having this issue as well. I can't do it either. I will create a support ticket with atlassian and post it back here once I've done

Ok, thank you.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

No, I do not have permission to view this request.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

if you're comfortable with it you can send me your email address and I can add you patrick@candylio.com

maria.martinho@farfetch.com

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2018

Hi @Maria Martinho,

Just wanted to leave this here: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65196?_ga=2.80837908.2019710780.1545018989-1760366298.1538725681

Looks like it's been an issue for a few weeks now.  This can serve as a more public tracking place for those waiting for a fix

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2018

Hello Maria,

We have confirmation that this bug has been resolved.

Issue Resolution.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Marco Veneziani April 12, 2022

@Stephen Sifers I'm having the same issue now.  I am inserting the status macro into a template, however I don't have the option of editing the parameters.  All I can do is change the label of the button (should be s status), or the default color that will appear in the template.  I can't even select which colors should or should not be there.   Once the template is being used, all that can be done to that button is change the colors.  Did the fix not address this?  Am I doing something wrong?  Thank you!

Like sajones likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

Hello Maria,

Besides the default Status macro, I suggest you explore the Handy Status macro (it's included in the Handy Macros app). It helps to create custom status sets and to change statuses dynamically from pre-defined sets in the page view mode. The history of changes is stored.

Please note that the app is available only for Server now.

Natalie

Hi Natalie

I don't have that option in my confluence version.

Is it an additional feature that we have to buy?

Maria

Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

Yes, this is a paid plugin, but you can try it for free.

Natalie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events