Standard confluence captcha is compromised. How to use different captcha for Spam Prevention?

Max Pavlov April 20, 2017

Hello. Confluence ships with an embedded Spam Prevention mechanism that enables admins to turn on captcha for comments on an open wiki, so when an anonymous user wants to post a comment, it must validate that it's not a bot via entering a captcha.

Even with captcha enabled we are getting a ton of Spam comments on our indexed pages. I suppose spam bots are having an easy time going through the standard captcha that Atlassian currently ships with Confluence. 

Is there a way, a plugin perhaps, that allows using a different captcha implementation on comments?

2 answers

0 votes
jriley-es March 20, 2019

I am looking to migrate a Knowledgebase into Confluence and we would like to have anonymous comments, if possible.

As OP asks, can we get a different Captcha? or Captcha API?

Can we get Comment moderation?

Stronger Captcha? or a configurable challenge/turing test question?

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

I did not find an add-on that will apply a different captcha for anonymous comments.

As Nic points out in captcha bypassaed, the captcha mechanism in general is not the most bullet-proof.

Have you considered disabling anonymous comments or is that functionality necessary for your instance?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events