Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Stacked Bar Chart based on Two Dimensional Filter Statistics Macro

Hi All,

Is there any way to create a Stacked Bar chart based on the results of a Two Dimensional Statistic Macro?  I can get the Bar chart to work off a manual table with the Chart macro, but when I replace the table with the Two dimensional Filter Statistics Macro, it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Michael,

The Chart macro doesn't work with the Two dimensional Filter Statistics macro. But the Chart from Table (the Table Filter and Charts app) macro does.

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the response.  Does the add-in do the following?

• Support Stacked Bar Graphs
  • Allow me to define specific colours for specific Pie / Bar Chart data
  • Allow for manual resorting of Table Columns?

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

• It supports Stacked Bar charts
  • It allows defining colors for each piece of data
  • The order of bars is inherited from the order in the source table. So you can sort the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics macro's table to change the order of bars.

Hi Andry,

We have added macro into our environment to test.  I add one of the macros (table filter foe example) and save.  Once this appears in my editor, I add my JIRA Two Dimensional Table Macro inside the table filter macro and save.  When I open the Table Filter Macro again, it generates the following error message:

"Oops, it seems that you need to place a table or a macro generating a table within the Table Filter macro."

How do I attach my data source?

Hi Michael,

Here is how I configured several macros:

2020-05-22_14h37_26.png2020-05-22_14h37_05.png

Thanks for the help - that worked. 

Now I'm struggling with the Pie chart.  I tried inserting a two dimensional table with the summary I wanted, but the generated pie chart includes the total row - not what I'm after.  I then tried inserting the JIRA data using the Insert JIRA Issue/Filter, but the pie chart doesn't generate correctly.  Any ideas?

I used Table Filter to filter out the total row:

2020-05-22_14h37_05.png

I used the Table Toolbox macro to combine Table Filter and Chart from Table in the new editor:

2020-05-25_10h49_10.png

I case you need to show count of each status using Jira Issues macro, then you need to use Pivot Table to count statuses:

2020-05-25_10h55_08.png2020-05-25_10h56_02.png

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your help - this is working as expected.  I have a question with regard to the Table Filter.  Where one of the colums is a JIRA issue (//JIRA then type in the key and display as a single issue), this appears correctly in the table after the first edit.  If I then republish the table it will display the URL rather than the single issue view.

Is there any way to ensure that this display correctly - ie the single issue and not the URL?

Michael

Hi Michael,

This is a known issue. It comes from the fact that Confluence renders those links incorrectly for the app as well as for the PDF export. As soon as it will be fixed for the page export to PDF, it will be shown correctly inside the macro. Notice that it works correctly in the legacy editor.

Hi Andrey,

Is there any way I can set the colour of a cell in the table based on its value?  As an example we have a RAG status that can be Red, Amber or Green and I'd like the cell in the table to have this colour.

I did try to use the Table Processor where I created a second table with the correct colouring and used the Lookup Tables component of the Table Transformer.  I got this to work, but now have two columns in my table with the RAG status (the original extracted from Jira and the correctly coloured one from my query.  Hiding the original field in the table filter results in no records returned.

Can you help?

Hi Michael,

There are two solutions:

1. List all needed columns in the Table Transformer: replace SELECT * ... with SELECT 'Column A', 'Column b'...
  2. Wrap the Table Transformer with the Table Filter and hide the column.

Hi @Michael Aizicowitz ,

We've developed and released a fix for the issue with Jira links - they should be shown as cards now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Miss the Confluence demos at Team 21? Watch them here!

Phew, Atlassian Team 2021 blew by. With dozens of demos and a handful of keynotes, you may have missed some of the awesome Confluence Cloud sessions. Don't' worry, you can watch them all here or on Y...

145 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you