Spring Application context has not been set Edited

I have installed confluence as a free trial on my debian 9 server. Everything was working, but I didn't finished the configuration part. I have just installed it and it was reachable in the browser without errors. Then I tried to follow this guide to config confluence to run behind my apache:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/using-apache-with-mod_proxy-173669.html

Directly after that I followed this guide to also config SSL settings:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/securing-your-atlassian-applications-with-apache-using-ssl-838284349.html

But suddenly I'm getting the following error, when I open the site in my browser. Doesn't matter if I open the origin URL with the port or the new proxied URL. On both this error appears. And even if I undo all the customizations in the conf/server.xml and on my apache, the error still appears. Then I tried to to uninstall confluence, but the command "uninstall" can't be found. So I just rerun the installer, but I have still the same problem. Any idea how I can get it up and running again on the origin way (without apache) to try it again with apache?

Here is the error:

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:112)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.webwork.ConfluenceXWorkTransactionInterceptor.getTransactionManager(ConfluenceXWorkTransactionInterceptor.java:28)
	at com.atlassian.xwork.interceptors.XWorkTransactionInterceptor.intercept(XWorkTransactionInterceptor.java:56)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.xwork.SetupIncompleteInterceptor.intercept(SetupIncompleteInterceptor.java:38)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.security.interceptors.SecurityHeadersInterceptor.intercept(SecurityHeadersInterceptor.java:39)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.SetupCheckInterceptor.intercept(SetupCheckInterceptor.java:27)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.execute(DefaultActionProxy.java:115)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.servlet.ConfluenceServletDispatcher.serviceAction(ConfluenceServletDispatcher.java:56)
	at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ServletDispatcher.service(ServletDispatcher.java:199)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:292)

EDIT: Btw, I have also installed Jira and there is everything working with apche and SSL.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Moritz,

If you're still having issues with this, I would recommend having a look at this article:

There are 10 separate causes listed there, so please review each one in your case and see which is affecting your instance.

Let us know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

103 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you