Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Confluence Tables - is it possible?

Lisa Curnow June 6, 2018

I have created a long confluence table, and now need to split it to be able to use an insert page macro and insert other tables in between sections of my table.

Is this possible?

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
paula.stern July 10, 2019

Any update on this? Definitely a feature I could use right now. 

Andrew August 15, 2019

Select the rows that you want to split, highlight it to the bottom-most or top-most row and just cut it. Then paste the rows you just cut where you want it.

It's slow, but it's not too bad

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

I have an admittedly old version (4.3.7).

For this, cut and paste rows doesn't work.
I can cut out rows, but if I try to paste somewhere else, nothing happens.

Another idea 1:

Copy the table structure to MS Word, split tables there and copy it back to confluence. That works for tables but deletes all the images.

Yet another idea 2:

Do the same as above but then save the Word file and import in confluence. That could work and might be a solution for pages with many, many tables that justify the extra work.

0 votes
Sandy Johnson June 12, 2018

Hi Lisa

In the old wiki markup editor this was very easy. You simply put your cursor at the end of the row you wanted in the first table, hit the enter key and Voila! you have 2 tables.

Unfortunately, Atlassian decided to take this functionality away without providing an alternate solution. I run into this way too often. The only suggestion I have is to copy the entire table and delete rows from each copy until you have want you need.

Oh well, more work for us. :(

Sandy

Lisa Curnow June 12, 2018

Thanks Sandy,

I had to manually work around it - will know better next time

Cheer

Lisa

Johannes.Stark August 10, 2021

That's in sane...

Like Cody Coonradt likes this
0 votes
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2018

Hi @Lisa Curnow , 

Table splitting functionality is still not there in confluence. 

for now you just have to manually adjust your table. (copy paste)

Alana

I just went to vote for this suggestion only to find that it was submitted in 2014. Do you really think something that old has a prayer of being implemented? If it wasn't done by now I can't see any hope......

Sandy

Like Scott J. Keeton likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2018

Yes, they do.  See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-980 - raised for Jira 1.4 in 2002, fixed in Jira 7.6ish, 15 years later when priority schemes arrived.  (Resolutions could be done in Jira 3, although it's not by a "scheme")

Nic

Thanks for the update, I'll look for this in 2029 :)

Sandy

Like # people like this

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events