Specify Jira server on Jira Issue/Filter macro

Jonny Polivka September 15, 2020

Is it possible to specify different Jira servers with the Issue/Filter macro?

I'd like to have a page on our on-prem Confluence server that displays the output from a filter I created on Atlassian's Jira instance (https://jira.atlassian.com). 

(The filter lists all items I voted for.)

Thanks,

jp

1 answer

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2020

Hi @Jonny Polivka ,

What filter query are you using? 

Regards

Niran

A custom one I create.  It lists all issues I voted on.

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2020

I believe that the filter query has to modified. Can you share the query that you are using?

voter = currentUser()

It's nothing special.  

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2020

I am not sure if I am missing something, but this query is expected to display the issues that you have voted for. If you want to display issues that you have created, you should 

1. Create a filter in JIRA with the query reporter=currentuser()
  2. Save the filter
  3. Then insert JIRA macro in confluence and then insert filter="Filtername"
  4. Save

I'm looking for a way to display a filter that's hosted on a different Jira instance separate from our company's internal environment. 

Specific case being able to display my custom filter on Atlassian's Jira (https://jira.atlassian.com) in a page on our on-premise hosted Confluence using the Jira Issue/Filter macro.  The macro doesn't give the option to specify different Jira instances but was hoping someone knows of a work around.

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2020

Have you integrated the other jira instance with confluence? If so, you should be seeing an option to select the JIRA instance when you insert the macro. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events