Special charaters not showing in PDF

Rok Vrečar Švajger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 4, 2020

Hi there. 

In my language, we're using special characters such as Č Š and Ž

Now while Š and Ž are showing just fine, while Č is not showing in the PDF file of the article. 

I tried to change the font family and still nothing. Is there a way to maybe solve this issue? The way the PDF looks at the end is much better then what I get from Word or Google Docs. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2020

@Rok Vrečar Švajger 

Hi Rok

welcome to the Atlassian community.

Which language is configured for the PDF export right now?

Just to double check you are running on Confluence cloud - right?

Cheers

Kurt

Rok Vrečar Švajger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2020

Hi Kurt. 

Thank you for your reply :)

The PDF language was set to English, as my language is not supported yet or I need to install it. But after you mentioned that, I looked around on how to change the language and also noticed I can change the font, which at the end, solved the issue and the special character works :) 

And yes, I'm on Confluence cloud

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2020

Hi Rok,

Thank you for confirming you were able to solve your issue. I just wanted to add a link to the article you likely used, in case it helps other users in the future. :) 

Thanks again for updating us, and do let me know if you have any further questions.

Shannon

Like Semseddin M_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events