Space tools missing?

YI ZOU April 6, 2023

I want to sort and order the child pages under one page. I just search online and found it can be done by space tools, Why I cannot see that button or tools on our wiki page, Is it due to confluence version problem?

I think we are using the cloud version

Thanks

Yi Zou 

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If your URL is <something>.atlassian.net, then you are on cloud, and hence it's not a version problem.  On Server/DC installs, it might be a version problem, but I can't find any reports of versions breaking space tools like that.

The most likely explanation is simply that you don't have the rights to use the space tools.

You should take to your space or confluence admins.

YI ZOU April 10, 2023

Yes, we are on .atlassian.net (cloud). My understanding that we are using standard version, Do we need pay extra to add space tools? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Space tools are an integral part of the system, and are always available to logged-in users.

Are you not seeing the space tools link on the left hand side at all?

YI ZOU April 10, 2023

Yes, We cannot see that in our account.

When I search online tutorials, I found that space tools showing in the left hand bottom corner, Unfortunately I never see that in our account.  instead I see  "archived pages" button. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

Ah, ok, that makes sense.

You can't amend or do much with archived spaces, the point of archiving them is that they're no longer in use (but you don't want to lose the information in them).

You can't edit archived pages, nor re-arrange them, nor much else.  Only search and read.

Why are you trying to update an archived space?

YI ZOU April 10, 2023

No, I mean the  "archived pages" here just want to let you know what I can see in the screen. 

What I want to do is to organize  and edit active pages,  but we never see that there are "space tools" we can use. 

For example, we want to move a group of pages to a page as child pages. I can do that one by one, When I search online, I understand that I can move together using space tools.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

The only other way to have no space tools is to be a read-only user in the space.  But that would mean that you wouldn't be able to move pages, as well as see no tools.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events