Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space search function doesn't include blog posts by default

Allison Landry September 25, 2017

When I use the space search function to look for text that I am certain exists in a blog post, no results appear, even if I specifically select "Blog Posts" in the Type filter. Then I notice that "ancestorIds:43583171 AND" has been added to my search criteria. I found out this means my search is restricted to child pages. A blog post is not a child page, so it doesn't show up in the results. If I delete the "ancestorIds:43583171 AND", my blog post appears in the results. It also appears if I search our whole Confluence site instead of just the space.

I now understand why all of this is happening, but it is not intuitive for other users. It clearly looks like you're searching all content when you type into that box, but you're not. Most people will not notice the ancestorIds search term in the space search or understand what it's doing. Most users don't know to go to Browse -> Blog and search there (why would they, if it appears they are already searching blog posts?). My question: Is there a way to change the space search function so it *actually* searches all content (including blog posts) by default, with no manual deleting of the ancestorIds search term necessary? I know there is a request to change the way the ancestorIds parameter appears, but that's not what I want to do. I want to change the default behavior. Thanks!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events