Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space owner - is it a thing?

Rune Rasmussen June 29, 2021

I'm looking to assign "owners" to Confluence Spaces, much like it is possible to assign "project leads" to Jira Projects. Is this possible with the vanilla Confluence Cloud experience?

Googling seems to suggest that it may be possible, but it may only be for the Server version, or maybe it was a thing in the past that has been removed, and references to documentation only seems to mention Space administrators, which is not what I need.

I need to assign an owner, someone who is responsible for the Space and its contents.

1 answer

1 vote
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 29, 2021

How would you define that the space owner is different to the space administrator?

Rune Rasmussen June 29, 2021

The Space Owner would own the Space as a whole.

I, for instance, am an administrator for our Confluence instance, and as such show as administrator for all our Spaces, but I have no insight into what kind of information actually into the space.

The Space Owner would have knowledge of the content of the space, or maybe rather the intention of the content of the space.
Not unlike how a Project Lead in a Jira Project doesn't necessarily set up boards, queues, and filters, but would  for sure know what kind of work is being done in the project.

Having an owner of a space would let anyone easily see who to contact about the Space.

In my specific case, I'm making some significant changes to our Confluence permission setup, and need to inform those responsible for each individual space.
In my dream world the Space Owner would also be administrator by default, allowing them to assign administrative priviliges to those working in the space with more technical insight, if need be.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events