Space is existing but permission is not granted

Eddie Dubiel April 29, 2018

Dear community,

I have changed permission to a space to ensure it is only visible to administrators. The space is still visible in "space permissions" but I am not able to access "manage permissions" though I am admin to our confluence. Click on "manage permissions" only gives "Page not found". How can I restore access to the space?

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2018

Hi Eddie,

You can recover space permissions using this method:

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Eddie Dubiel May 1, 2018

Hi Shannon,

thank you very much for your response. "Manage permissions" was available, but when clicking the link only "page not found" appeared.

I addressed Atlassian support directly and they were able to recover manually.

I appreciate your effort, best regards,

Eddie

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2018

Thank you for confirming, Eddie.

Can you please share with us the resolution here in case other users have the same problem?

Shannon

Eddie Dubiel May 2, 2018

Sure, that's what I tried to say ;) I addressed Atlassian support directly and they were able to recover manually.

As I understand there would have been no way for me to recover it by myself, since I set space permission to only "administrate" before and with that step I kind of excluded myself from seeing that space. Therefore, the overwrite by atlassian support probably was the only way.

Regards,

Eddie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events