Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space disappeared

Dorota NM May 18, 2022

I haven't use my free confluence space for some time due to pandemia. Now I can't find the space. I noticed several ticked raised about disappearing spaces. How should I proceed to have it back? 

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

@Dorota NM Welcome to the Confluence Community. 

Have you lost access to a Space or your entire site, as in https://<your_site_name>.atlassian.net/wiki/?

Atlassian purges unused free plans after a long period of inactivity. Based on your comment, it appears that you may not have logged in to this site for some time. If this is the case, it is very likely that the site was purged, and also likely it was not recently - which means that there may be no way for Atlassian to recover it. 

Let us know so we can direct you accordingly.

Dorota NM October 29, 2022

Because of pandemia we suspended work on the project so we didn't login for one year or longer. But I think  somebody should give us some notice before deleting it. Esspecially durin pandemia. I still have no access to it.

0 votes
Rik de Valk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Hi @Dorota NM , 
Just to make sure that you haven't overlooked this: 

The Spaces menu has a 'Starred' and 'Recent' section, but also a View all Spaces option. Have you clicked the View all Spaces option to see the complete list of Spaces? 

david May 18, 2022

This is happening to us today as well. I think there's an actual outage in someway in confluence.

david May 18, 2022

We have two spaces, one of which has completely disappeared this morning, the other of which remains.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2022

The best way to track any issues that may be affecting your site is to visit and subscribe to updates from https://confluence.status.atlassian.com/.

david May 18, 2022

I visited that, but no issues appear to be active. I'm not sure confluence is aware of the issue.

david May 19, 2022

Apparently, this was due to the fact that one user mistakenly had administrative privileges, and thought they were deleting a personal space, and deleted the public space...

Dorota NM May 30, 2022

My account became blank - no teams, no spaces - it was on free license. Before pandemia we were going to start the project, created a lot of documentation and ideas - now the domain doesn't exist also. I can't find in my inbox any message from Attlassian that they are planning to switch it off or something. What should I do? When I open admin tools there is nothing...

Yannick Djomo August 3, 2022

We are using the server version of confluence, and this morning; none of our public space directory is displaying. I see comments here for the cloud version, and was wondering if this also affect the server. 

PWarren October 28, 2022

David, were you able to recover the deleted Space, we are having the same issue.

Dorota NM October 29, 2022

Unfortunately I still can't acces our data.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events