Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Space disappeared

Dorota NM I'm New Here May 18, 2022

I haven't use my free confluence space for some time due to pandemia. Now I can't find the space. I noticed several ticked raised about disappearing spaces. How should I proceed to have it back? 

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Gladstone Community Leader May 18, 2022

@Dorota NM Welcome to the Confluence Community. 

Have you lost access to a Space or your entire site, as in https://<your_site_name>.atlassian.net/wiki/?

Atlassian purges unused free plans after a long period of inactivity. Based on your comment, it appears that you may not have logged in to this site for some time. If this is the case, it is very likely that the site was purged, and also likely it was not recently - which means that there may be no way for Atlassian to recover it. 

Let us know so we can direct you accordingly.

Hi @Dorota NM , 
Just to make sure that you haven't overlooked this: 

The Spaces menu has a 'Starred' and 'Recent' section, but also a View all Spaces option. Have you clicked the View all Spaces option to see the complete list of Spaces? 

This is happening to us today as well. I think there's an actual outage in someway in confluence.

We have two spaces, one of which has completely disappeared this morning, the other of which remains.

Andy Gladstone Community Leader May 18, 2022

The best way to track any issues that may be affecting your site is to visit and subscribe to updates from https://confluence.status.atlassian.com/.

I visited that, but no issues appear to be active. I'm not sure confluence is aware of the issue.

Apparently, this was due to the fact that one user mistakenly had administrative privileges, and thought they were deleting a personal space, and deleted the public space...

My account became blank - no teams, no spaces - it was on free license. Before pandemia we were going to start the project, created a lot of documentation and ideas - now the domain doesn't exist also. I can't find in my inbox any message from Attlassian that they are planning to switch it off or something. What should I do? When I open admin tools there is nothing...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

249 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you