Space admin cannot reorder pages

Rita Nygren September 24, 2020

I've one space admin who, upon trying to use the Reorder Pages and drag a page to a different location, gets the icon of a grey circle-with-slash and releasing the page in the new spot does nothing.  In the same space, I (admin to the whole environment) can make the move.  The space admin has all rights to that space, why can't they reorder?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2020

Hi @Rita Nygren, the fact that a user has space admin permissions doesn't necessarily mean that they can freely reorder pages. Have a look at the Notes about permissions under Move and Reorder Pages documentation.

To move a page, you need the following permissions:

• 'Add' permission on the page you're moving, and
  • 'View' permission on the page's parent page. If you're moving the page to a different parent, you need 'View' permission on the new parent.

To move a page into a different space, you also need:

• 'Delete' permission on the space you're moving from, and
  • 'Add' permission on the space you're moving to.

If the page has restrictions, and you want to keep the page restrictions in the new location, you'll also need 'Restrict' permission on the space you're moving to. Alternatively, remove the page restrictions before performing the move.

That said, take a look at your space permissions and compare your groups vs individual permissions if it is the case. Also, double-check if the tree they are moving the page to, has any view/edit restrictions.

I hope that helps.
IL.

Rita Nygren September 25, 2020

I started to write that the user had add/delete for the entire space, and had created the page in question, but you mentioned needed edit rights to the page above...and sure enough there were page restrictions on the home page for that space.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events