Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Space Champions. What do they do?

I am trying to define and then explain what exactly a space champion is in Confluence for my organisation. 

How would all define that role? Do you use one? What are the responsibilities and roles of a space champion? 

1 answer

0 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 19, 2022

Hi @Colm Maguire ,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

This question is in which context ? In our KB articles I have seen we mention champions , which basically means they are the administrators and has all permissions administer the space. For example, you can refer the below snippet from the KB article 

I want to control who can create spaces

You can set which groups or individuals can create spaces in Global Permissions.

If you choose to limit who can create spaces, we recommend granting this permission to a group of champions, who can handle requests, create the spaces, and work with stakeholders to set up their space permissions in the most appropriate way for your organisation. These people don't need to be Confluence Administrators, they just need the Create Space global permission. 

So, i believe thats what is the context of referring to admins as  the  champions. 

Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T 

Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 19, 2022

@Colm Maguire , the above snippet was copied from the below page. 

I forgot to provide in my previous reply. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

No not at all. I am talking about the people who champion a particular space, make sure the information in it is up to date, reliable, and correct. It seems the only place people don't speak about space champions is here in Atlassian. I have seen references to the term across the internet. I have an organisation with a wiki, that has got out of hand and we are trying to reorganise. One of the ways we are doing this is asking teams to appoint a champion. One who will guard the space if you will. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

817 views 8 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you