Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Admin cannot give edit permission to another user

Adrián Horrillo April 29, 2022

My name appears as Space Admin of a specific page. When I try to give Edit permission to a colleague of mine still a message is displayed for that colleague as "No edit permissions in space. Contact a space admin" (and I am one of the space admin in the list). 

I do not know how I can give Edit permissions to him for that page. 

2 answers

3 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Hi @Adrián Horrillo ,

Space Admin is not a configuration for a single page but related to the whole space. Probably, you are talking about page restriction https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/add-or-remove-page-restrictions/

In order to edit restriction you should have both Edit page and Restrictions (Space) permissions.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

This happen if the user you are adding to the page restrictions does not have permissions to access the space. You have to go and assign the user in question permission to access the space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events