Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting tables on multiple columns in Confluence

Lis Riba September 19, 2012

Are there any plugins (or user macros) which can support sorting tables on multiple columns (with primary and secondary keys)?

10 answers

3 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2015
2 votes
Laurent Corbière January 8, 2013

Hi,

You can use the table-filter plugin. It's not sorting, but it's filtering:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stiltsoft.confluence.plugin.tablefilter.tablefilter

Using it with table-plus:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.table

I think that it will answer to your needs.

Have a nice day,

Laurent

1 vote
Laith Abu Rakty July 15, 2020

did u find a solution for this ?

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2020

Hi @Laith Abu Rakty ,

You can try our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

If you need to sort your table, you can use the Table Filter macro to apply the default sorting to one or multiple table columns in the ascending or descending order.

default sorting.png

You'll be also able to apply different kinds of filters (dropdown, freetext, number range, date range, visual and global filters) to one or multiple table columns with the help of the same Table Filter macro. So you'll get the precise data based on several criteria.

adding filters macro browser.png

Besides our app will help you to create pivots, perform calculations in your tables, merge tables, etc.

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2012

Hi Lis,

I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly, but if you are looking to perform queries into Confluence database and show them in Confluence pages, I believe that you can use the SQL plugin for Confluence: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.sql

Hope that helps! :)

Cheers,

Rodrigo Girardi Adami

0 votes
Benjamin Feagin Jr October 23, 2020

You can use the free Table Enhancer and nest multiple macros; the first layer is the primary, and each nested macro is the secondary, tertiary, etc. sorting column. 

0 votes
weweave UG
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 18, 2020

Although this post is quite old, we would like to let you know that we developed the app "DataTables for Confluence" (see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220302/datatables-for-confluence) for Confluence Cloud which supports filtering tables by multiple columns (see https://weweave.net/blog/datatables-for-confluence-supports-multi-column-table-sorting/).

0 votes
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

Hi Nicolas,

thank you for your reply. I wrote the developer an E-mail but now I see, that you're the developer. :)

Do you plan to release the source code of the plugin or to charge money someday for the plugin? Unfortunately a plugin which we use was free to use until last year and now we have to pay hundreds of euros every year for it. My boss was not very amused and because of that I need to make sure, that this does not happen again. Of course, you spend a lot of time developing it, but I want to avoid surprises like that again, therefore I'm cautious with installing free plugins.

Best regards

Stefan

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013
Hi Stefan, I'm keen to answer, would you mind raising a separate question for this? Thanks!
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

No problem, I did.

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

Hi Lis, Hi Stefan,

Is it possible without a commercial plugin as well?

Play SQL is a free SQL plugin. In view mode, you can open the SQL panel and update the "ORDER BY" clause to sort by several columns. You can also use it to tune your filter.

0 votes
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

Hi Laurent, OMG, that's pretty cool. I did not know the table-filter plugin. It helps me finishing another template, you saved my day. Thanks a lot!

0 votes
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Is it possible without a commercial plugin as well?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events