Sorting order of child pages in Confluence

kesmith@vmware.com December 18, 2018

I read a response to this issue from 2016, but am not able to match up what I should be seeig with my screen. (I am not well versed in this subject, so this could be operator error).  What I am seeing is below.  The pages are currently ordered as I want them (done manually), but I would like this to occur automatically (new meeting notes show at the top of the list).

Thank you!image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

Hi kesmith@vmware.com welcome to the community!

Unfortunately we can't get the pages to order automatically in the manner that you wish.

You can go to space settings > content tools > reorder pages > then select to order then A-Z which will get you the most recent meeting notes at the bottom (if you keep the page title the same as it populates automatically.

Right now there's no way to sort Z-A, which is annoying, but if you are on server you can look at this long thread and there is some custom css you can implement to make it work.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Sorting-order-of-child-pages-in-Confluence/qaq-p/404393

kesmith@vmware.com December 18, 2018

Thanks!  That was the post I saw...and at the very bottom it said this:

Stephen SifersStephen Sifers May 25, 2018

This was from back in 2016, since then confluence has gone through multiple updates. I would suggest posting a new question in regards to this so it can be looked at through newer versions.

So I thought there might be an updated process?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events