Sorting in Jira issue macro not working

Alexander Lehmann April 16, 2020

I have the following Jira issue macro in my Confluence page (Server 6.15.8 with Jira 8.2.4 with German as default language) using the custom field "MHü" as a column. The macro uses a Jira filter without "order by":

2020-04-16 11_23_01-Jira-Einbindung - Schulung und Test - (DEV).png

When sorting the column "MHü" I get the error "Jira project does not exist" and all columns lose their german translation:2020-04-16 11_23_48-Jira-Einbindung - Schulung und Test - (DEV).pngI can't find an error in the logs. Where could be the problem?

I already run this character coding test without a problem (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/troubleshooting-character-encodings-167194.html)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2020

Hi Alexander,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I understand that you have Jira connected to Confluence, but that when trying to show these Jira issues in Confluence with the Jira issue macro, that some accented characters are not displayed correctly, nor are the issues.

In this case, I don't believe the problem actually exists with Confluence's configuration.  In my view I think it would be a good idea to check the Jira Server configuration here.  Try following the KB Troubleshoot character display issues in Jira server.  It's possible that if Jira server is not configured to use UTF8 encoding in the Java JVM, that it could be defaulting to some other character encoding that might be default of that OS (I usually see ANSI for linux, and cp1252 for Windows servers). 

If that's the case, then usually the steps of

Start JIRA with the parameters -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 and -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8. See Setting properties and options on startup.

can help resolve this.  However if that doesn't help here, I'd try to follow the other troubleshooting steps in that KB.  It's possible that the characters in question might not be getting stored properly in the database that Jira is using, but I find it's better to check the JVM character encoding first.

Try this and let me know the results.

Andy

Alexander Lehmann April 20, 2020

Hi Andy,

thank you for your help. The wrong encoding in Jira was the problem. I added the parameters to Jira and Confluence (which also used the wrong encoding) as you suggested.

Thanks a lot!

Alexander

Like Andy Heinzer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events