Sorry, a network error occurred trying to log you in. Please try again, and contact your administrat

Jackson Cramer December 18, 2019

I was on an evaluation H2 database and recently moved to a new server. I managed to migrate JIRA successfully to the new server but on installing Confluence, I get the error:

Sorry, a network error occurred trying to log you in. Please try again, and contact your administrator if the problem persists.

This happens when I try to log in after restoring from the backup file of Confluence. How can I fix this issue?

I'm using PostgreSQL, 2 dbs, one for confluence and one for jira.  Please help me out!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2019

Hello Jackson,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you! To confirm, you receive this error when you attempt to visit Confluence, or when you login? Could you show me a screenshot of that error?

I have a few questions as well:

1. Could you confirm with us your Jira and Confluence versions? 
  2. Is Confluence using Crowd or Jira as its user base? 
  3. Can you include the stack trace from your Confluence server logs when you attempt to login? 

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Jackson Cramer December 30, 2019

1. Confluence 7.2.0, Jira 8.5.1

2. How can I check whether confluence is using crowd or jira as userbase?

3. Is this what you are looking for: https://pastebin.com/3AdNCxxw ?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2019

Hello Jackson,

Thank you for confirming your Confluence and Jira versions.

You'll need to be a site admin, but you can check for sure in the User Directories settings. See Configuring User Directories for more details.

From the stack trace you sent me, Confluence seems to be having issues connecting to localhost:8088. You're getting a "Connection Refused" error there. You might want to reach out to your server admin and see what the problem might be there.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Jackson Cramer December 31, 2019

Hi,

I'm the site and server admin. Just for clarification I'm running the self-hosted versions of both confluence and jira. I'm unable to login to confluence after restoring the backup so I'm not able to go to the user directories settings.

Also, confluence is installed on port 8095 and Jira on 8081. So I'm not sure why it's trying to communicate with port 8088. I've attached screenshot of the error I get on confluence below:

cc.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 31, 2019

Thanks, Jackson.

In that case, you'll need to find out what Confluence is attempting to connect to on port 8088. This is the only error that I am able to see from the stack trace that you sent and can likely be the cause for your error.

You can attempt to recover access using Restore Passwords to Recover Admin User Rights, or see the earlier documentation for details on how to manage your user directories via the database.

An example from that above article shows you the query to get a list of your user directories and their order from your database:

select d.id, d.directory_name, m.list_index from cwd_directory d join cwd_app_dir_mapping m on d.id=m.directory_id;

You can try that if you want to see what your user directories are set up like now.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events