Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some images (draw.io) do not load when exported as PDF. What can be the reason?

Ameya Gabale July 13, 2021

Some images (draw.io) (JPEG/PNG) do not load when exported as PDF. This happens at random for various articles. Do image files get corrupt over time in confluence?

3 answers

2 votes
Michael Kaufmann December 21, 2021

Having the same problem.

Workaround for Draw.io: 
Put the origin into an hidden excerpt macro and embed the visible draw.io pictures with "Embedded Draw.io Diagram"

Agus Lie January 28, 2022

Using "Embed draw.io diagram" works.

Like 由佳子 小湊 likes this
1 vote
Fakhfouri Vahid February 9, 2022

Hi

Go to draw.io in edit mode, in the top menu, in Extra, activate Mathematical Typesettings.

Adam Rowe April 19, 2022

This worked for me.

0 votes
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

Hi,

If you go to File > Print > Save as PDF/Print to PDF does it help?

If not, could you tell us:

* browser version you are using 

* the exact steps you performed: did you use File > Export as > PDF in the drawio editor or exported as PDF from Confluence page (three dots > Export as > PDF)

* if there are errors in a browser console. Open console (Ctrl + Shift + J or Cmd + Shift + J on a Mac) and export it. If there are errors, please attach a print screen of it

* if you are having a problem with diagram export or images within the diagram

It would be great if you could attach drawio file having this issue so we could test it. Otherwise it could be difficult to reproduce since it happens randomly.

P.S If you wouldn't like to share all these info publicly, feel free to submit all the details to: 

https://drawio.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/group/15/create/49

Regards,

Marija

Ameya Gabale July 14, 2021

Thank you for your response. I exported as PDF from Confluence page (three dots > Export as > PDF). I am having issue with draw.io images while exporting the entire article, not the image only export.

Also, once I open and re-save those draw.io images and publish, the images can be seen in the PDF after exporting it. Hence I thought it could be a time out error or the image might have got corrupted.

Chrome version 91.0.4472.124

Kindly guide me for the same.

Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Thanks. 

Please submit all the details to https://drawio.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/group/15/create/49 so our engineers could take a closer look. 

Just add additionally:

* if there are errors in a browser console. Open console (Ctrl + Shift + J or Cmd + Shift + J on a Mac) and export it. If there are errors, please attach a print screen of it.

* attach drawio file and storage format of the Confluence page in question (three dots > Advanced details > View storage format) so we could test it. 

Kind regards,

Ameya Gabale July 16, 2021

Done. I could not find out the storage format.

(three dots > Advanced details > View storage format) I do not have view storage format option under advanced details.

Philipp Laemmler May 10, 2023

I have the same issue. With opening each draw.io it is working, but this is not a solution in my 1000+ pages setup. Do you have a workaround to solve it for the confluence pages?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events