cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slash commands don't work on some Confluence pages

RB January 31, 2020

Hi

I'm relatively new to Confluence.

I've found that when editing some existing Confluence pages, the editing options differ from most pages and from new pages.

In particular:

Typing / does not bring up a list of options. Typing the whole command (eg. /info to insert an info panel) doesn't do anything either.

I can still insert some elements by selecting the '+' menu within the page I'm editing, but the elements look different from the way they do on other pages. For example: Info, warning and note panels are all white, whereas on a new page, they change colour depending on the type of panel.

I can't find any setting to change this.

Help, please.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2020

Could it be that these pages still are on the legacy editor? Because the slash-command is only available in the new editor.

temp.pngIf your pages do indeed still have the old editor, you can see here for how to convert them: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap-967314556.html#ConfluenceCloudEditorRoadmap-pageconversion

Cheers,
Sven

RB January 31, 2020

Thanks Sven

It looks like this is the answer.

When I go into some older pages, it still shows the legacy toolbar. New pages have the new one.

However, there is no option to convert on my pages as shown in the article you've referenced.

Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2020

In the article it says the conversion feature is still being rolled out. You might have to wait a little before your instance gets that feature.

Like RB likes this
Missy January 31, 2020

I have seen this same problem when trying to create pages using the new editor. The slash command seems to work only part of the time. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events