my users can not see the content of pages - even though they should have the right to read articles in the space.
- The space is generally set to allow reading pages for anonymous users.
- Some users have a confluence license (they are members of the group "confluence users". I have set the permission so that those users are able to see an comment on the articles.
- Some users are not members of the "confluecen users" group as they only need to read the articles. They are able to log in as the user directory linked to our AD. All users are members of the AD-Group "Employees". If I try to use this AD-group to permit reading for the users however, a problem turns up:
Users can read the articles, but as soon as the log in, they are not allowed to see the article.
Are there any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!
Anonymous access is correct when you want users to be able to view content.
When users log in, they need to be member of at least one group that has the "can use" permission.
Look at the global permissions for a list of groups that give that permission.
Look at the space permissions to see what groups are given access to particular spaces.
maybe another explanation for this:
If a user is able to log in, he must be member of the group confluence-users. Someone, who is not member of the group confluence-users is not able to login.
So, you shouldn't have any license problems:
- a user who is not in confluence-users is not allowed to log into your system. He is anonymous and so he can see the space as an anonymous user
- a user who is logged in must be already in the confluence-users-group. You don't have to give him an additional license, he already has one.
Give both groups access to your space, anonymous and confluence-users. That should do it.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG