Single Sign on button on login page

Ian April 13, 2020

Hello,

We've enabled SSO via active directory and it's been working well. Users sign in using a link from our active directory application browser. 

However, if a user signs out or if a user is sent a link for any page in confluence and opens that page - they are prompted to sign in manually. The problem is that there is no option to sign in with SSO. 

One thing to note is that if manually signed out - user can see a logged out page with something like "You are now signed out, sign with with credentials or SSO". 

So users are prompted with option for SSO from an error page but not from the login page.

In the admin panel, I can see options where I can modify page layouts for the log out page but the login page can only be changed from the server side.

I've looked into that but do not know how to proceed. Perhaps I could copy the line of code from the logged out page that prompts the user for SSO and just copy it to the login page?

Or perhaps there is a simpler option to add that button to the login page?

The line of code I mentioned is a simple html anker tag with something that looks like a php variable... 

<a href="$ssourl">Login again with Single Sign On</a>

3 answers

0 votes
Mahima_miniOrange_SSO
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 22, 2021

Hello Ian,

I believe you are using Atlassian inbuilt SSO as of now!

By reading your use-case I would suggest you to take a look at the SAML SSO Application  available on the marketplace which provide you the capabilities of customizing the login, logout and error flow.

You can choose SAML SSO plugin from miniOrange which provides you an option to customize the SSO button text, option to design your own SSO login, logout and SSO error page as well.

Incase you need more help on this topic, you can reach out to us anytime.

PS: I work with miniOrange, one of the top SSO vendors :)

0 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Ian, to properly help you one would need to know what app you are using in your Confluence Server.

There are several SAML SSO apps on the Marketplace.

Some, like our EasySSO for Confluence allow you to have the SAML Login Button on the login page, or perform automatic re-login from the login/logout pages i.e. effectively remove regular login from normal users.

We do integrate with ADFS and Azure AD.

If you are going to use only our SAML authenticator (ours is a 5-in-1 solution) - we provide discounts for this specific case to recognise that the extra costs our app has embedded in the price when used with NTLM and Kerberos, are not required for SAML, X.509 and HTTP headers authenticators.

Our support is 24x7. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi! 

You can checkout using the some app, like Kantego. 

or Confluence DC provide the SAML support which will help you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events