Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sidebar Search in a confluence Space

Deleted user September 11, 2018

Is it possible to have a sidebar search box within the space.

The space is pretty huge with a lots of pages. Hence the page tree is also bit complicated.

I believe a search bar above the page tree could be of huge help in this!!

Could this be attained with configuration in the look and feel?

Thanks in Advance!!

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Sattesh M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2018

Hello Solomon, you can indeed do this.
We just have to add the Livesearch macro to the sidebar using Wiki markup.

{livesearch:spaceKey=all spaces|size=medium|placeholder=Search}

To enable for all spaces, add the line above into the Sidebar section of the Sidebar, header and footer admin page.

• (ConfluenceBaseURL)/admin/custompagecontent.action

If you would like to add it to certain Spaces only, add it to the Sidebar, header and footer for that specific Space.

• (ConfluenceBaseURL)/spaces/custompagecontent.action?key=<SPACEKEY>
  • Replace <SPACEKEY> with the Space key of the specific Space.

Hope that helps! :)

Cheers,
Sattesh

Deleted user September 13, 2018

Hello Sarah,

The answer is perfect! I have implemented it.

Thank you very much for your response! Really appreciated.

Thanks,

Solomon Cherian

Matt Flaherty October 13, 2021

Works great! To clarify, the wiki markup with "spaceKey=all spaces" can be modified to restrict results to a single space by using the appropriate space key in place of "all spaces". This can be done whether the macro is placed globally or within a single space.

1 vote
Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2023

This works great and I like to put "search only this space" as a placeholder, to clarify that it will return only results from the current space. So it looks something like this:

{livesearch:additional=none|id=LiveSearch01|placeholder=Search only this wiki|spaceKey=Mywiki|size=small}
0 votes
Laffont, Helene (ITDV TI) - AF
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

All your answers seemed to work, but is it possible in the new Confluence migrated to cloud ? 

I have the same question : " Is it possible to have a sidebar search box within the space"   ?

I don't find Sidebar, header and footer

• (ConfluenceBaseURL)/spaces/custompagecontent.action?key=<SPACEKEY> I find Header and footer only (not side bar anymore)
  • (ConfluenceBaseURL)/spaces/sidebarconfiguration.action?key=<SPACEKEY> edit sidebar but I can only hide or show items, and not adding another item like a serach box.

Thank you in advanced.

0 votes
Carla W_ May 30, 2023

Works like a charm. I also wanted to search just pages and show an exerpt.

{livesearch:spaceKey=mySpace|size=medium|placeholder=Search mySpace|type=page|additional=page excerpt}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events