Sidebar, Header, Footer help

Mireille Gennaro January 28, 2020

Can someone explain how to add content to the footer from the Sidebar, Header, Footer section of the Confluence configuration (Space Tools/Look and Feel)? I want to add a Copyright block as a footer so it appears on ALL pages within the space. Help.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

Hi @Mireille Gennaro 

Assuming you are Confluence Administrator do the following:

1. Click Space Settings.
  2. Click Tab Look and Feel.
  3. Click Sub Tab Header and Footer.
  4. Enter in your copyright text in the Footer section and click Save. 

Headers and footers.pngResult:

See footer.png

-Mike

Mireille Gennaro February 4, 2020

@Mike Bowen  - I've tried this several times, I've even applied markup text but to no avail. Yes, I am administrator but there is nothing I do that gets the footer content to display. I tested it on the sidebar - works perfectly -- but for some reason, neither Header nor Footer seem to work. Please help.

Mireille Gennaro February 10, 2020

@Mike Bowen do you have any more insight?

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2020

Hi @Mireille Gennaro 

How about a screenshot of your Header and Footer sections. Blank out anything you don't want us to see. Sometimes an image helps put things into context. 

Also bear in mind I am on Confluence Cloud, you appear to be on Confluence Server, there might be extra settings that I am unaware of. 

-Mike

Mireille Gennaro February 11, 2020

@Mike Bowen  thank you for getting back to me. As you can see, I have populated the header and footer but the text doesn't actually show on screen!!image.png

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2020

Hi @Mireille Gennaro 

I had a look at my configuration again. Neither header or footer appears in the configuration page. To see them you need to go to a previous page or create a new page and it appears after the page has been published. 

Here is another example: (note I went and added Testing Header 123 to the header section in Space Settings - Look and Feel - Headers).

Testing headers and footers.png

-Mike

Mireille Gennaro February 11, 2020

@Mike Bowen - Hi Mike thanks for your response. I have published the settings and have created a new page but to no avail. The header and footer still do not appear.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2020

Hi @Mireille Gennaro 

Have you tried contacting Atlassian Support and seeing what they say about it? 

-Mike

Mireille Gennaro February 12, 2020

I filed a ticket. 

Narasimha Tunuguntla March 25, 2020

@Mireille Gennaro I am having the same issue on one of our Confluence Instances (one instance works fine and other doesn't). Like you explained sidebar works but not the Header and Footer. Did Atlassian get back to you? 

Mireille Gennaro March 25, 2020

I had to file a ticket and after some research, they discovered that because we have some customized layouts, this may have removed portions that would cause the custom header/footer to not appear.

Narasimha Tunuguntla March 25, 2020

I see. Thanks

Michael Daley November 13, 2020

Hi Mireille. What do you mean by "Customised layouts"? 

I also can't get the header/footer fields to change anything. :-( 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events