Side bar moves to top after I select a link from the side bar...can it just remain in place?

jsevison January 23, 2020

I often go through articles in our Confluence instance one at a time...or have an interest in articles in a single group.

As soon as I use the side bar to locate the article of interest and select the article, the side bar slide (perhaps it could be called a cursor?) moves to the top of the side bar.

When I'm done with the article that I was reading, the article is nicely bolded to make it simple to find, but I'd much prefer that the side bar did not move itself and instead leave the side bar scroll bar where I left it.

Does a configuration option exist for this change?

Best regards,

--Jay

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

Hello @jsevison ! While reading your question, I was unable to fully extract its meaning. With this in mind, I will start by saying that we can surely change some settings on the sidebar. You can take a look at our documentation right here:

The behavior you described could be related to the Child Page view of the sidebar. Other than that, it could also be the fact that the sidebar will try to keep your current page as centered as possible when you have the Page Tree view selected. Both of them can not be altered natively in Confluence.

Since it is not quite clear for me what exactly is happening, would it be possible for you to share some screen-captures (.gif file with an animation of what happens) or screenshots of the behavior step by step?

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events