Showing labels used in a tabular format

johan iojo May 31, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Properties Macro

Using the Page properties and Page properties report macros helps to show a lot of information about a number of pages in a tabular way.

In out project we've decided to use several labels to tag pages with. 

What i'm wondering is: is there a way to visualize pages and their labels also in a tabular format so that i can see which labels are tagged to which pages, in a tabular overview, just like in the Page properties report (a kind of Page labels report)?

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2016

Hi Johan,

You could probably use the CQL Search add-on to do something similar to what you want:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/cql-search/cloud/overview

You'll have to use some CQL for the original search (for all pages under the current page, you can use the following CQL: ancestor=pageId() and type=page), but after that you could probably restrict it to show only page name and labels and then you would have a nice overview.

johan iojo June 1, 2016

Thanks for the feedback.

Currently, I get the following result trying to add the add-on:

Error

You must signup for OnDemand before you can try an OnDemand Marketplace add-on. If you already have an OnDemand account please check that it is linked to your current username.

I'll ask my administrator to try to add it...

johan iojo June 2, 2016

Hi Stephen, got the add-in.

Trying to create a query using the CQL macro.

When i query for 'label IN (#actieve-overheid, #begeleiden, #investering, #lasten-burger, #lasten-overheid, #opvolgen, #overheidsdata, #prijszetting, #procesinzicht, #procesoptimalisatie,  #tijdsefficiëntie)' I get the error 'error: Expecting a value for operator 'IN' after field 'label' but got '(''

But when I read the syntax for the IN operator, it gives a.o. the following example: label not in (draft, review)

That seems the same as what i did. Why am i then getting this error?

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

As far as I know, # is an invalid character in labels.  Therefore, you must mean something like this:

label IN ("actieve-overheid", begeleiden, investering, "lasten-burger", "lasten-overheid", opvolgen, overheidsdata, prijszetting, procesinzicht, procesoptimalisatie, "tijdsefficiëntie")

I didn't realize it, but labels with - or with special characters should be surrounded by quotes.

johan iojo June 5, 2016

Hello Stephen,

first of: you' re right, i shouldn't use the# sign (because the actual labels themselves don't have that symbol either.)

Next, I had to put ALL labels between "", even those of only 1 word, then it worked.

Resulting query: label IN ("actieve-overheid","begeleiden","investering","lasten-burger","lasten-overheid","opvolgen","overheidsdata","prijszetting","procesinzicht","procesoptimalisatie","tijdsefficiëntie")

The final result is still not quite what i was aiming for (namely, every label in its own column), but I'll go with it for now.

Thanks for you help!

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2016

Not with Confluence Cloud. In Confluence Server, something like this is possible:

johan iojo May 31, 2016

Thank you for your input, but this is not what I'm looking for...

I really want to generate a table (like the Page Properties Report does), but instead of the 'Page Properties' as the columns, i would like to have to labels tagged to a page...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events