Show only the lastest attachments version

Shengnan Zhuang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2023

Hi, 

How to show only the lastest attachments version?

The figure below shows just 3 versions and it's viable to work with in the way that all versions are showing. However, we might get over thousands of versions. So I wonder is there a way to show only the lastest version or any other viable way?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

Hi @Shengnan Zhuang ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Confluence stores all attachment history in order to allow users to see differences about current and previous version. Currently you can not disable this.

You can delete a previous version, but you need to do that thorugh a manual operation or through a rest api.

Fabio

Shengnan Zhuang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2023

Alrigh. Thx @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

My intention is not disable the version control functionality or delete the previous versions.

It’s good the version control running behind the senses and show only the current versions, as we might have over thousands versions of one file… very cumbersome to see all versions…

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

hey @Shengnan Zhuang , 

by default, in the attachment section, you will see just the latest version of your attachments. You can see all the previous version just clicking on the arrow near the attachment name. What is your desiderata?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events