Show image title in preview

Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2015

Is there any option to show the image title in the preview?
We'd like to use this as a caption so the user knows what the image is about, e.g. in instructions

Thx, Anne

4 answers

1 vote
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2015

Very interesting.

The problem is that confluence versions differ a lot. I have an older version that doesn't have any of the functions that you were talking about and I wasn't aware that there is anything like that.

About your question:

If you want to play around with CSS you can try something like:

img[title]:before, span[title]:before, a[title]:before {
content: " caption: " attr(title);
}
You probably would have to adapt that in some form but basically that will add the content of the title tag behind images and if I do that with the "All Attachements" macro in preview mode it looks like this:

2015-09-01 12_05_57-Bearbeiten - The Real Test - Steffen Heller - Lightweb.png

0 votes
Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2015

Hi Steffen,

thanks! Will check whether I can adapt this to 5.8.5. and my needs and give feedback here.

Br, Anne

0 votes
Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2015

...yes, should have been more clear, there a a lot of previews.

It's about the Title Text which you can add to an Image when implementing it on a page (not to the image itself - see screenshots below). Itwhen the cursor hovers over the image.

I'd like to use this title text as a caption when viewing the all the attachments of a page in the inline preview for the page. You can use the inline preview as kind of a slideshow but without a caption you loose the context when e.g. klicking through the images of an instruction page.
Basically I'm looking for a way to have an image caption displayed in the inline preview, wherever I need to add it (except for adding text on the image itself with photoshop or a screenshot tool .. wink )
Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-31 um 17.25.33.png
Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-31 um 17.25.17.png

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2015

I am pretty sure that the answer is "No", but out of curiosity:

What do you mean with "image title in the preview"? The image title tag that shows in edit mode and then disappears when the page is saved?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events