Show content in the same page when we have two or more sections

Caroline Barbosa October 19, 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm a starter in Confluence and I would like to build a page with two sections. On the left side, I want to insert links to another page and on the right side, I need to show the content link clicked on the left side.
I am using Confluence cloud and I would like to know how to show this on the same page.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2017

It sounds to me like what you would need to do is set up each of your content pages as two column layout. Then for your left column, you would create another page for that column with your links to all your content pages. Then on each content page, you would use the include page macro in the left column to bring in the links to the left column. It would look something like this.

Links Page

links.png

Content Page - Edit Mode

pageone.PNG

Content Page - View Mode

pageoneview.PNG

@Davin Studer 

It is exactly what I need.

Thank you very much again!! I'm really happy :)

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2017

Hi Caroline,

welcome to Confluence and to this community!

Unfortunately, I don't know any plugin or macro that is providing the functionality you mentioned. There's no thing like a "page within a page".

You could create a bunch of pages that would pretend to be one single page and each of these could import the content of another page and all of them would be linked to each other, but this could become an extremely complex structure - I wouldn't do that, to be honest.

So, sorry that I have no better answer for you.   

Hi Thomas, 

I really appreciated your attention, maybe I need to change my mind e to find another way to present my content.

But I'm not sure if I could express my self with properly, so I attached one print about an example (I found this at Confluence's blog) and I would like to structure it this way.

Thank you very much for your help.

Caroline

Key concepts - BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management 4.6 2017-10-19 13-24-00.png

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2017

What you are seeing there is the normal left-hand navigation. That shows all the pages in the space in their hierarchical order.

Hi Davin,

Thank you. 

I'm completely newbie, now I have a good starting point.

:)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2017

@Caroline Barbosa Great, and don't hesitate to ask anything here :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events