I've been trying to figure this out and each time I think I've found the answer, it doesn't actually work for me.
We have one board for Support tickets. Support creates an "incident" for every time a customer calls in with a bug. If the same/similar bugs are reported, then they get grouped into a "Problem." Incidents are reported by individual Support personnel; Problems are reported by one lead who goes through and groups them. The relation type is "is caused by"
The Problem is then taken into Product Backlogs (separate projects) to be worked by the scrum teams. Individual Incidents remain on the Support Board. The Support Team wants an easier way to get updates on the Problems that are being prioritized and worked.
Our attempted solution:
We created a Confluence page for Support to view all problems across the multiple projects that have been prioritized for current sprints. This works for visibility, HOWEVER, it would be majorly improved if we could do the following on that page as well:
Display INCIDENTS from the Support Board IF the related/parent PROBLEM meets the following criteria:
* Is on one of three specific projects
* Is in a current sprint OR Done (rolling 15 days)
Support does not want to auto-update the statuses of their incidents, otherwise we would have looked at triggering status change based on the parent/related issue.
I'm not entirely convinced this is actually a thing we could do, but figured I'd ask the Community since there is such a wealth of knowledge across this forum!
Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.
I see that you raised the same question with our support team, which has been resolved for you. I'll include the answer here so it can help other users.
You can achieve that by adding a post function in the workflow associated to the sub-task issue type in the desired projects. See the example below:
- Project settings -> Workflows -> click on the pen icon next to the workflow associated to the sub-task issue type:
- In Diagram mode, click on the Create transition -> click on Post Functions in the pop-up window:
- Click on Add post function:
- Check the Copy Value From Other Field post function -> Add:
- Select the Assignee field in both origin and source fields dropdown -> check the Copy from parent option -> Add:
- Make sure the post function that copies the value comes before the Creates the issue originally post function:
- Publish the workflow!
You may want to use this documentation as future reference as well:
Let us know if you have any questions about this.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event