Show Jira Issues in Confluence Page for non-Jira users

Ron Chan November 10, 2020

We have a project planning table in Confluence that contains among other things, Jira issues. The problem is we have stakeholders who often view this page and all they see are error messages from the Jira issues. My question is, is there a way to display the Jira issues as static text for those non-Jira users? 

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2020

There are a couple ways I could think to do this.

• If you happen to have the SQL app for Confluence you could directly query the database and put the results on the page in a table.
  • You could use the REST api as a service account and then parse that and put it on a page.
Ron Chan November 10, 2020

Thanks for the suggestions @Davin Studer 

However, those sound like it would involve quite a bit of setup and overhead especially since this table will be updated frequently. The table contains a combination of Jira and other content that are directly entered into the tables, I can't even imagine how pulling from a database solution would look like. 

Was hoping for a lighter approach.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events