Should Confluence connection to PostgreSQL be encrypted over SSL on single system?

Jesse_Norris May 21, 2020

I have a single system for a small group of people running Confluence and its associated PostgreSQL database. Care has been taken to provide appropriate permissions to the Confluence installation, the PostgreSQL installation, and the PostgreSQL database itself. The external connection to Confluence itself has been secured with SSL, however the connection between Confluence and PostgreSQL has not yet been secured with SSL.

On a single system is there a cybersecurity concern to encrypt the connection between Confluence and its local database?

Is there any concern that a local user without admin permissions could listen to the unencrypted connection here?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2020

Hi @Jesse_Norris , 

I don't believe that it's a big concern if the data is not encrypted between your application and local database. 

Let me know if this helps,

--Alexis

Jesse_Norris May 22, 2020

Thanks, Alexis. That's what I was thinking, but I wanted a second opinion.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events