Shortcut to add "Page Link" entries to confluence database

Amelia Fraczkowski February 2, 2024

I am trying out the beta database functionality in confluence and wanted to find out whether there is a quicker way to add entries of the "page link" field to a database? I can only add a confluence page to an entry by starting to type the name until the page is found in the dropdown and then select it. 

I want to use the database to track the statuses (amongst other things) of all pages in a confluence space (there are many pages), however it is very time consuming to start typing the names of all the pages in the space to add to the database. I tried using the "link" field and entering the link of the confluence page but the other associated page fields (e.g., status and other page fields) are not populated in the database if the link instead is used. 

Any way to quickly add a list of confluence pages to the confluence database?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Klima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2024

HI @Amelia Fraczkowski , welcome.

Well, I was able to get links into the database using the following process:

1. Copy your tree structure from the space setting 'Reorder pages' (it's simple select and copy)
  2. Paste the lot into google sheets.
  3. Save/Download as HTML.
  4. Unzip the donwloaded file.
  5. Head over to your database, hit ... and select import
  6. Import the HTML file (it will be in that unzipped HTML download)
  7. edit the top fields.

THis is very crude and rudimentary and maybe not close to what you wanna achieve but it could show you direction ... 

Also, if you import a CSV with just the list of pages, you will have all page titles in your DB and that WILL save you the time creating the links.

Amelia Fraczkowski February 6, 2024

Hi @Kristian Klima

thank you very much for your detailed and very helpful answer. This method you described was exactly what I was looking for and worked without any problems.

One thing to point out to anyone else using this method is to ensure that the field with the page links is set to field type, "Page Link", before saving the imported changes otherwise the page links would not be populated as expected. 

Like Kristian Klima likes this
Kristian Klima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2024

@Amelia Fraczkowski Great, glad it worked... and thanks for specifying that missing step on setting the field type to Page Link.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events