Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing selected section/pages from internal documentation to the public

hajeq December 17, 2021

Hello all,

We are using Confluence Server 6.8.0.

I am looking for a solution to our use case:

We have our internal app documentation space, some of which might be useful for our customers, we can't give full access to this space, we want to share only certain pages and want to keep these synced.

My idea was to create a separate, public space and crate pages there using "include page" macro, but in case of including restricted pages, include macro is giving an error that included page couldn't be found. Which makes sense ;)

Any ideas?

BR, Kamil

1 answer

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2021

Would doing it the other way around work? I.e. move the pages to the public space, and then include them in your internal space via page include or something if needed.

The thing with Confluence is you can't make it "just these pages are public rest is restricted" right, since you can only restrict specific pages. So to expose anything out of the internal space, then it must be public as a whole to do that - and then you would have to specifically restrict each individual page. Not really doable.

Although I guess that reversing it this way you'd need to make a new page everytime that a new page is created in the public space, so that it can be shown in the internal one. In any case it sounds the same way you were planning but just thinking it might solve the browseability troubles.

hajeq December 20, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think that we will work with "temporary" users, it's easier to limit access that way. We have control over who gets the access and where.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events