• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sharing Guest Wi-Fi password

Hi everyone!

I'm quite excited about the prospect of using Confluence (Cloud) for our intranet and knowledge base and just exploring the capabilities.

As far as an intranet home page, I wanted to include an area where we could share the office guest wi-fi password. This changes monthly and we have three offices around the world that all use the same password so Confluence would be a nice place to keep people informed of the latest.

I did a mockup of roughly what this would look like. Could anyone suggest a way to accomplish this either natively or with a marketplace app?

The password is masked for obscurity but not security. It can just be plain text and is not associated with any Atlassian account. If you need to see it you can click to reveal - Javascript I guess.

The link beneath would just be a help article someplace in Confluence.

Appreciate your time, consideration and any feedback on this one! Thanks!

guest-wifi.PNG

2 answers

This is something what can easily be done with ConfiForms app

What is good about using ConfiForms is that you can have your form elsewhere, centrally managed and the data shown in a different place (pages) and the way you want

http://recordit.co/0Jax17Gmbz

Configuration is simple (but can be extended to support your 3 offices, etc)

obscure-password.pngWe use here "obscure" function to mask the password

pwd.obscure(********|click to view)

What you need could also be done by implementing a little custom script with the help of HTML plugin

The drawback is that you cannot use Confluence macros there.

You could either manually update it in an info box on the page, or code a html macro (with some javascript). I'm dont know about cloud, but on server you need to enable html macros under addons.

Hope this help :)

The question is about cloud (as I understand by looking at the tags), and that is much more complex, as HTML macros usually are dynamic macros and rendered in own iframes...

you cannot alter much what is outside of your frame with JavaScript

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

342 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you