SharePoint List Feature in Confluence

Kuldeep Vijaykumar July 28, 2013

Hello Team,

Could you please provide my ideas or pointers to create a "List" similar to what we have in SharePoint in Confluence?

prod-icon

4 answers

0 votes
Juliane Neumann {Communardo}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 7, 2017

Hi,
I work for Communardo Software GmbH. Last year, our company assumed ownership of the SharePoint Connector for Confluence from Atlassian. The SharePoint Connector (also available for SharePoint Online) includes a macro for embedding SharePoint lists directly into Confluence. It offers robust features that make it easy to find, customize, and display lists from SharePoint in your wiki. You can use it to embed document libraries, contacts lists, sub-sites, and more. I invite you to give it a try with a 30-day free trial from the Atlassian Marketplace.

Cheers,
Juliane Neumann

Marc Ross May 1, 2019

So many limits and doesn't support 365.  Looks like we have to install something on the SharePoint side as well.  Became to complicated.

Jerry Dodge April 3, 2020

We switched from SharePoint to Confluence, so we no longer have a SharePoint. Therefore, nothing to link it to.

Lori Demkovich December 3, 2020

@Juliane Neumann {Communardo}  are you able to edit the embedded list (e.g. add a row, edit a row item)?

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @Lori Demkovich depending on the setup it will mostly display the default view of the list. But I'm happy to walk you through and good that you set up a meeting already :)

0 votes
Raimon Gonzales February 21, 2017

I also need this feature in Confluence. We had SharePoint before in our organization but we're migrating to Confluence. And many of us can't fulfill this important requirement.

Lists are important in record creation which is essential in organization sites. What we have in Confluence (at least the default setup) is just a glorified Notepad where we add columns and rows. Then each time we add a record, we add a row. 

Unlike in SharePoint, we can create a list. We can define the fields needed, define which fields are required, its data type (text field, text area, radio, check boxes, etc.).

Once we have records in the list, we can also create a View to filter fields that should not be available to all. Like for example:

1. You have a master list of all your goods on sale.
  2. You have columns for Item, Stock Qty, Description, Cost, Mark up, and Retail Price.
  3. To other space visitors, you don't want them to see Cost and Mark up. These two fields should only be visible to you and the Sales Manager.
  4. Possible in SharePoint but how can you do that in Confluence?
Tarun Sapra August 9, 2017

Did you find a way to export sharepoint lists in confluence or do something similar in confluence?

Harold Bernal September 19, 2017

I've been looking for the same answer

Like cojekz likes this
cojekz May 20, 2019

Have any answers been found for suggestion? Thanks! 

0 votes
Kuldeep Vijaykumar July 29, 2013

I have a SharePoint List which has columns of data such as Code, Description, Created Date. This List is an editable one which can be managed in such a way that through UI, I can create a new record or edit an already existing one.

How do I achieve this in Confluence?

How can I achieve the above mentioned by embedding JIRA on to Confluence?

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013
Embedd JIRA
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2013
Embed JIRA... if you are looking for SharePoint lists emulation (list items are similar to JIRA issues). But if you already have lists on SharePoint and you want to view them on Confluence, then embedding JIRA is not the way.
Jerry Dodge April 3, 2020

So far, this seems the most promising solution. Hate to set up a Jira project just for the sole purpose of making a list in Confluence. But it just may work. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events