SharePoint Connector and Access to Confluence

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2015

In our organization, we have SharePoint access for every employee. However, due to the licensing scheme of Atlassian, we can't justify making the jump to higher license numbers because we don't have that many employees, so it feels like a cost waste. Let me give an example: Say we have 800 employees. All 800 have access to SharePoint, but only 500 have access to Confluence. If we implement the SharePoint connector and pull pages from Confluence into SharePoint, can SharePoint users see that content without also being Confluence users?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2015

Hello Mark, I was about to compose an Answer, though I found this comment from Joseph explains everything much better than I would:

For each Confluence server you wish to integrate with SharePoint, you require one Confluence licence and one SharePoint Connector licence. The 'tier' (number of users) for the Confluence and SharePoint Connector licences must match in order to be installed on the same server.

If you have a large number of SharePoint users but only want to purchase a small Confluence licence, only those with registered accounts in Confluence will be able to edit content and all other users must access Confluence anonymously. This may not be feasible for your deployment if your Confluence server is publicly or broadly accessible and you wish to restrict Confluence content to certain subsets of users.

For additional information you can review the direct comment within the respective Sharepoint License page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events